Before we begin, we listen to you and learn your needs. We work closely and effectively with architects, engineers, foodservice consultants, and general contractors in the planning and completion of your project. We provide you with the plans necessary for proper construction including adherence to all codes.
The following is a guideline for the steps involved in the planning process for a restaurant opening:
• Plans approved by owner as drawn by Curtis Restaurant Equipment with architect & engineer drawings.
• Submit plans and equipment specifications to the Building Department review agency through the architect or general contractor.
• Submit plans and equipment specifications to the Health Department review agency through the architect or general contractor.
• Submit plans to Liquor Commission (if required) through owner
• Revise plans if required by review agencies.
• Obtain through the general contractor, architect, or owner bids for
plumbing, electrical, finishes, etc.
• Re-submit plan package for building permits, obtain building
permits – general contractor.
• Obtain hood permits – installer of hoods, ducts, fans.
• Obtain refrigeration permits if remote refrigeration is used –
installer of remote refrigeration.
• Obtain fire control system permit – installer of system.
• Obtain ongoing work inspections by review agencies –
• Obtain Fire Marshall Inspection – general contractor.
• Obtain liquor license (if required) – owner.
• Obtain Health Department approval to open – general contractor.
• Obtain final and certificate of occupancy – general contractor.